Wednesday, June 07, 2006
This is the new opening between the living room and former 3rd bedroom/den. I don't think a photo can really give the feeling of the space as it was before and now.
All I can say, is that when I went up on Monday and saw this, I said to Steve, "We have to move up here." We're going to see if we can make that work.
At left those windows will be replaced by French doors, which would give our dogs a street view.
We have to move up there for Billie and Mojo don't you think?
Demolition is pretty much finished except for the bathroom. We are having some dumpster issues. First off the dumpster was late and now we have realized that we will be going through at least 3 dumpsters because they assigned us these smaller ones rather than the really big ones.
Steve argued with them on the phone yesterday that we don't care about a weight limit etc...and finally they conceded they would let us have a larger dumpster- but we couldn't get it until Saturday-too late. Basically, this means we will probably spend an additonal $400 on dumpster fees- what a scam. Live and learn, but if you ever rent a dumpster for a big project like ours, don't let them talk you into some dinky dumpster.
We are really vigilant about the budget of this project. We have a spreadsheet and we maintain it. The more we can stay on or under budget, the more money we will have to finish the reapirs in the 1st floor.