Tuesday, May 24, 2005

On the road again!

OK, I know this whole thing isn't exactly house-related except to say that it involves a break from house "work". But the good news is we found the car. The good old City of Chicago in its wisdom decided to move it but we couldn't find out where until today. It was about 5 blocks away from our house parked on a side street.

Needless to say, I was quite grateful though emotionally drained. I think I'll be able to relax on the trip though after this little bit of drama.

I promise to take photos of cool Ludington architecture. It's actually the #1 tourist destination in Michigan- Steve's parents tell us. Being so Chicago-centric, I always thought it was New Buffalo, which I love and it's less than 2 hours from Chicago. There isn't a Walmart to be found anywhere near there and that makes it special to me.

And to make this post more legitimate: here's what will be waiting for us when we come back.

They look good enough to eat, don't they?

I feel like a kid and the brackets are christmas presents under the tree waiting to be opened.

and thanks Grex, Trissa and others for the kind words.

4 comments:

Greg said...

Yea! The car was found. Congratulations. Enjoy the trip.

On a sad note, my blog is missing. For some reason blogger.com says my blog does not exist. Other blogger.com blogs are there but mine isn't. I've sent an email and am waiting patiently.

Gary said...

There are two things that I do after a night on the town. The first thing I do is find where I parked the car and the second thing is I return the one I took! OOPS!

Scott in Washington said...

Wow! What great news that your mom's car wasn't permanently gone. Why did the city move it? Did they damage it any?

Emerld said...

HI! WOW What drama! Glad you got the car back and can go on the trip. I have 4 days off from work and will hardly leave the house. Good news is that we're getting TONS of calls for the apartment so should have rent for June. BTW: Sorry the kids acted so horrible during our phone call last week.