Thursday, May 19, 2005

A nice diversion

Well, tonight was kind of interesting and different. I was somehow selected for a market research study and 3 very nice guys came by to talk with me about guess what? My picture taking habits. Of course, I ended up talking about the blog and the community here and our house documentation.

Before I started this blog, I had a photo album with pictures of our progress room by room and in the garden. I think I am going to keep that up as well. It's nice to have an album to flip through. Do any of you keep an album in addition to your blog?


Meanwhile, Steve was in the basement fine tuning those brackets and mixing up stain.

Having new people in our house makes me aware of how many things we still need to do, but I also felt really proud of what we have accomplished. Proud to be restoring and not tearing down and making the world more vanilla.

Everyone give yourself a pat on the back tonight- you deserve it.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've done a photo album about the media room project, but haven't made any others yet. I thought it would be cool to either have a book of before and after pictures, or some small pictures framed to hang somewhere. It does help me feel proud of how much we've accomplished & it's fun to flip through real pictures now and then!

Greg said...

How strange that they should come see you just after you got a digital camera. Is Big Brother watching?

Becky said...

I actually have so many photos of the house I have two albums. One pre-move in and one post. The pre-move in one is so beat up from various showings that the front cover has come off.
I try to carry the albums in the car because eventually the house is brought up and people want to see pictures.
My mother-in-law last year borrowed the picture book (we have no children) and took it around town showing them what I guess is the closest thing she's got to a grandbaby. Now people in my husbands home town who I have never met come up to me and tell me what a beautiful house I have.

Jocelyn said...

Grex- I thought the same thing- I even asked them but they said no. I have no clue how they got my name etc... I've done a few phone surveys in the past few years, but that's it.

K said...

I scrapbook as a hobby anyway (like I need any hobbies with an old house!), so I have a scrapbook dedicated to our house projects. It's nice to have something portable to show family and friends what's going on with the house. We have a lot of computer illiterate relatives.

And you're definitely right that having new people in the house makes you notice everything you HAVEN'T done. :)