I woke up Monday with a sore throat and have had a cold & allergies this week, so my energy and progress haven't been stellar.
But I have been able to accomplish a few things:
1. Ordered the light for the exterior porch and sconce for entry. Both from Rejuvenation. I found some really great lights at Steve Handelman Studio's online, but don't want to spend that kind of cash right now. They are very handmade looking and lovely.
I ended up with Jordan Valley, the one that everyone liked and the Alsea for the outside. Both are a vast improvement from the $10.00 Menards special that is there now.
2. Researched address plaques online and came up with a nice and reasonably priced option. Solid brass, very simple at home-hardware-accessories.com. Probably will order tomorrow.
3. Called the electrician and scheduled him to come out July 2nd. He is going to rewire the outside light and sconce and wire them to electric eyes for dusk to dawn operation. He is also going to run some wire for a future doorbell and perhaps run some conduit for the 2nd floor bathroom. Our tenants will be moving out next Spring and it's time to rehab the bathroom up there. Thus, the need for conduit.
4. Called the Marble guy and left a message.
5. Weeded my yards front and back and transplanted some overcrowded plants.
Not bad for a sickie, wouldn't you say?
This weekend, I am planning to grout the kitchen tile and remove the remaining mouldings from the entry. I will also remove some lathe so the electrican can do his thing and I have some iris and camassia bulbs that need to be divided.
And where is Steve? Too busy with "work-work" to work on the house. I am being good and patient though I swear on the stack of wood boards waiting to become shelving in the basement I am.
Mojo is getting a little mad though...