Monday, May 01, 2006

Meet Stanley and Stella

No, Stanley and Stella aren't our new tenants. But they will reside here for a long time to come.

They are 2 fastigated boxwoods we planted Easter weekend. It's amazing the difference greenery makes. They really soften the concrete steps alot. They will only grow 1 1/2 feet wide and 7 feet tall. And they are evergreen- we like 'em.

This photo is of Stanley. Forgive me for naming them, but he really does look like a Stanley doesn't he?

The past few weeks have been extremely busy for me at work. We were getting ready for a big trade show and then I went to Las Vegas for the show last week.

I think I've mentioned I work for a high-end wallcoverings manufacturer and we always show at the Hospitality Design Expo in Las Vegas. This was my first year.



I managed to walk the show a bit and didn't I just go and fall in love with this outdoor lounger from Janus et Cie. A steal at about $2K. I think it represents where I want to be someday as far as lounging with my sweeties (Steve and dogs), a good book, and a glass of lemonade.

I also got to buy 2 new dog beds from the Crypton line at wholesale cost. I guess you can see where my priorities lie.
These beds are sold by specialty dog boutiques in case anyone is interested.

As far as the 2nd floor project, we have contracts signed with our electrician and main guy. We are just hoping that the tenants will move when they promised. We are planning to ask them for an update this week. We are also contacting an attorney to see how to handle if they don't move out.
Hopefully it won't come to that, but I know that ultimately we will prevail.

1 comment:

K said...

Very cool outdoor lounger! Looks so comfy!