Okay, Greg you asked for it, so here it goes...
1. I have unusual parents. Both my parents were anti-war activists in the 1960's and very involved in the Men's and Women's Movements. They attended rap groups and delved into things. As a result, my Dad realized he was gay and my parents got divorced. I feel pretty certain that having a gay Dad has made me empathize with minorities and oppressed groups more than I might have otherwise. I've always identified with the underdog. And let's face it, when it's your Dad and someone makes a homophobic comment, it's personal.
2. Steve and I are going to try and swing getting engaged and married this year! We've been together going on 6 years now and I cannot believe how the time has flown by. From the very beginning, we both have felt very set on each other. It's kind of a formality to us and I am not sure how we are going to do it as we aren't church-goers but then I'm not too keen on Vegas either.
3. I love reading memoirs and plan to write my own someday. I've actually started one, but I have a long way to go. Also, I was an English Major and studied Creative Writing in College. I was particularly adept at Poetry, although I don't really write it anymore.
4. I used to have a drinking problem and I do not drink anymore. I haven't had a drink for over 15 years now. It's a long story, but suffice it to say I didn't play nice when drinking and I don't want to revisit that again so I don't drink anymore.
5. Some of you may know this already, but I am pretty politically oriented. I come from a liberal background, many of my Mother's best friends were all activists and are incredible role models. I care alot about neighborhood politics and am prone to "getting involved" in local causes. I pick up the litter on my block regularly, attend community meetings and CAPs, and am planning to start a Block Club and send letters this year to owners that do not pick up the litter.
I hope we can all still be friends now :)
and now Tag you're it!(if you have time- no pressure)
Pigeon Point, Folksy Lady, Hillsdale House, Brooklyn Row House, and This Old Chicago 2-Flat