Wednesday, September 20, 2006

No rest for the weary...ever!

I had to leave for Miami on Saturday for a Trade Show for work, which is why I haven't been posting. I worked Sunday setting up the booth and then was on my feet all day Monday and Tuesday. After the show, we had parties and dinners so I was "on" almost the entire time. I got home last night at 12:30am.

When I awoke this morning, I found Steve had a "list" made for me of things I should accomplish today. I took today off work because I really needed to. Being gone all weekend kind of set us back a bit.

Here's what he had for me to do today:

1. Call about kitchen faucet (long story...another little problem!)

2. Grind legs and bottom of 2 stripped radiators. Apply rust remover. Spray primer and then paint first coat.

3. For 2 unstripped radiators (we ran out of time), grind legs and bottom of legs and heavy paint build-up. Apply rust remover. Apply deglosser. Prime and paint first coat.

4. Research new welders to make our iron railing (back-up plan).

5. Find shellac flakes in the basement.

6. Sand and stain 4 boards for 1st floor den closet.

I finished everything but the research for the welders. We also started going through all the remaining wood and scrap etc... and figuring out what we'll keep and what we will get rid of.

Anyone in Chicago interested in taking some solid oak trim boards off our hands? They are already stripped and some are stained and we are going to post them on Craig's List because I hate to throw out really good wood. If you're interested, email me at jmm922@yahoo.com.

Tomorrow I'll do a post on the whole radiator project. The ones Steve stripped are looking awesome I must say.

1 comment:

Christina said...

I'm anxious to hear about the radiator project. We are sandblasting this weekend. (still some paint flecks after power washing, and 2 courses of citrus stripper. (I first course I probably didn't leave on for long enough, and I didn't tent the radiators)