Monday, September 04, 2006
First peek at the coffered ceiling
There were only about 4 boards that had to be refabricated. A few boards got a wee bit warped in the (dip) stripping process also. This caused some very small gaps where the boards meet in the inside corners. Our contractor came up with a great solution to add some trim in those areas (consistently of course).
We are really really happy with it. Miro and his Dad are quite the finish carpenters.
Of our list of things to accomplish we did pretty well.
* Selecting the granite slab for the counter top. (done)
* Finishing the remaining new base molding, picture molding & bead board. (done!!)
* Stripping all door hardware. (done)
* More tuckpointing on the roof for Steve. (yep)
* Getting our final drawings for the iron railing to our welder. (not yet)
* Ordering window treatments & some closet hardware. (whoops)
* Starting the assembly of the medicine cabinet. (not)
But we did some things that were not on the list including:
*Assembling the kitchen shelving unit that Steve made.
*Repairing and sanding kitchen door, dining room door, and 1 closet door. We are almost about half way there on the doors I'd say.
Seeing the coffered ceiling back in place: priceless
BTW- here is what the ceiling looked like before...