Monday, October 16, 2006

The return of Scrappy

He's back knawing on our pumpkin like he did last year. And imagine my surprise when I opened my back door Sunday and caught him on my stairs walnut in mouth! We both froze and stared at each other and then he scampered up the stairs. I, of course, ran to get my camera and document this infraction.

At the same time, Steve was up working on the roof parapet and so the ladder was out. I knew the 2nd floor door was closed so I wasn't too concerned about Scrappy getting inside. As I headed up the stairs I heard the sound of little squirrel feet on an aluminum ladder.

I got to the top and there he was laughing at me from above.



I feel like the greenskeeper in Caddyshack or something. Only I won't blow up our house to get Scrappy of course.

So, some of you out there have mice issues, we have Scrappy to deal with.

3 comments:

Greg said...

"I feel like the greenskeeper in Caddyshack"

LOL - what a great movie. At least he's not eating the windows again....or is he?

Anonymous said...

http://www.mcsweeneys.net/links/openletters/28squirrel.html

Gary said...

How do you know that is "Scrappy" and not "Son of Scrappy" or "Bride of Scrappy"?