Saturday, January 14, 2006

The void

Okay, I am now experiencing "the void" that is me not working on house projects. Yes, I'm taking a yoga class, and reading some good books, and I enjoyed the holidays, and my sister had her baby and I'm planning a trip there in a few weeks to meet the little fellow.

But I have that itch to pull out the heat gun and start removing paint on the remaining painted trim or rent a Silent Paint Remover from Clark-Devon hardware and strip a painted door. Or have a bookcase made to order or something. And yes, I've been trolling eBay too but haven't found anything of interest so far.

The problem is I prefer to avoid lead particles floating throughout the house. Oh, I could strip a door in the basement I suppose, but I prefer to work outdoors. And it's just too chilly for that.

So today, I baked cookies and did laundry while Steve is working on the entry trimwork using our trusty new Power Planer. I lent my Mom my camera for her visit with my new nephew so no pictures I'm afraid.

Maybe next weekend I can start something. I do have a turkey in the freezer that needs cooking too...

4 comments:

Trissa said...

Oh- homemade cookies and a good book sound good to me. Take the break & by next weekend you'll be ready to start the next project!

Aaron said...

I know the feeling. Pretty soon the sun will be warm and the snow will be melting and so will that painted woodwork when it sees you coming with heat gun in hand.

allison said...

I can definitely relate to remodeling withdrawal, as we've become what I call serial remodelers during the past 8 years. There are times when you need to take a break, however, and the holidays are good for that. If you are itching to do some work, why not put together a list of "quick projects" that can be done in a few hours or a day or however you define quick. That way you feel like you've accomplished something, but you're not getting into dragging the door down to the basement, etc. (And, do be careful around the lead paint.)

Emerld said...

I admire your ambition!