Friday, December 30, 2005

Holiday Recap


I've been off work this week and I made a conscious decision to not work on the house. It doesn't make for an exciting blog entry or give me the gratification that getting work done does, but it pays off dividends when I return to "house" work with new zeal and energy.



So, what did we do this week? Went out to for some nice dinners, hit the annual clearance at Anthropologie and REI. Spent time with Mom and Dad & Dave. Went to see Brokeback Mountain and going to see David Sedaris' "Santaland Diaries" tonight. Took some good long walks and actually tried that yoga class I've been meaning to get to for a long while.




One of us got a new 1/4" chisel from Woodcraft this year- guess who? But my most exciting gift is a new Web Camera. The reason for this camera is so I can keep in touch with my sister in CT and her husband and new baby. You see, I am about to become an auntie!

New Year's we like to be very low key. As I've said before I cannot abide expectations of certain days and I just feel like everyone expects too much out of these days we designate as holidays sometimes. This year I did really well and kept an even keel and just relaxed. Another benefit of not pushing myself to work on the house amidst the festivities.

We got a Honey Baked Ham for x-mas dinner and have been eating it all week. And I've been savoring the chocolates from Anderson's Candies that we get from my Dad every year.

Tomorrow, we do plan to work on finishing the entry trim, so we are doing a little bit. I am going to work on a recap of the year like I've seen HiP do. I think it's a great idea to look back at what's been accomplished in the previous year. It's so easy to just keep looking at what needs still to be done.

I am planning to do a recap on installing the new front door lock as well- just haven't been online much this week. That's it for now!

1 comment:

Scott in Washington said...

Enjoy your holiday!