Saturday, March 05, 2005

Sad Saturday

Took my dogs to the park to cheer myself up because Steve can't work on the kitchen today. Major bummer. When me Mojo and Billie went to cross Sheridan Road, I noticed all the traffic lights were out and though it strange. We managed to get across safely and had a nice if not messy walk (melting snow, mud, sand etc...). On the way back I saw an undercover car with lights flashing, followed by a State trooper, followed by a police car and then 3 police motorcycles. I thought, "what the heck is going on here?" And then I remembered, it's Judge Lefkow's husband Michael Lefkow's funeral today. The judge lives on Lakewood, like a mile away from my house- kinda close to home really. Sometimes I think that if there's sadness in the air I am just a magnet for it- just call me static cling for sadness or something.

I do feel sad today. I was feeling okay until Steve said he wasn't working on our kitchen today. Now I am just depressed about that. And even seeing the funeral procession didn't put things in perspective like one would hope. But you know what? At the risk of sounding like Stuart Smalley (remember him? Al Franken, "I'm good enough, smart enough, and doggone it people like me"?), it is okay to be a little sad sometimes...

Anyway, anyone reading, have a great day. We are all lucky to be alive.

2 comments:

Emerld said...

Amen.

Emerld said...

I love reading your blog. POST POST POST! Can't wait for the Apprentice Thrusday.