Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Happy Halloween!

Last year I posted about our scary basement for Halloween. I wish I could tell you it's not scary anymore, but I'm afraid that wouldn't be true.

We have decided that this Spring when we get our tax refund it will go for asbestos abatement in the basement. So a decision has been made to spend the cash, which is some progress.

Have a safe and Happy Halloween!

And Mindy & Teague-love the costume idea!


Mindy said...

Thanks! We had a blast making them ;)

Good luck with the asbestos removal, that seems like money well spent.

Sandy said...

Cool pumpkin! Happy Halloween!

sparky said...

asbestos abatement is part sense and part scam, and depending on the law in your area; wearing gloves and a filtered respirator, water mist it before, and as you remove it, plastic bag it and take it to the dump

Jocelyn said...

Sparky- I wouldn't want to chance it. I get what you are saying though. I have stripped oodles of lead paint and still have "normal" levels, but then I am an adult. The risk is way higher for kids.

sparky said...

george carlin; 'doctors have found that swallowing small amounts of saliva over a long period of time causes stomach cancer'

but hey, check out this spooky tidbit