Saturday, August 02, 2008

Life is funny

Last week I noticed my right elbow was hurting, kind of like what one might call a "tennis elbow" only I haven't been playing tennis. I was puzzled over what I had done to injure myself. Plenty of times while working on projects I bruise or cut myself and don't even notice until later on. The adrenaline of working I guess.

But usually when I strain something, I know why. Case in point, pulling nails from a bazillion boards using a vise grips. My hands were in traction after that. I knew why.

I just couldn't think of what had caused this. Then it dawned on me... It was the garlic press! I had made garlic olio using a manual garlic press and pressed so much garlic that I gave myself garlic press elbow. Leave it to me to overexert myself cooking dinner.

I determined to buy a better garlic press. I have too many important things to do to be disabled by any inferior garlic press. So, off to Crate & Barrel I went.

3 comments:

Christina said...

We love our rosle we got at Chopping Block. A world of difference!

John said...

Funny. I did something similar recently. I couldn't figure out what I'd done to my left wrist. I thought I might of done something to it lifting weights. Then I figured it out. I'd stuffed a couple hundred envelopes at work and the repetative motion had strained it. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one suffering from odd, random physical injures.

Laurendy said...

I got flyer folding back once - hurt like heck, but I felt funny telling people why I was hunched over in pain. . .