Sunday, November 13, 2005
As long as I have lived in our home, I've wanted to clean up the front entry and front door. This year we really made some headway in this area.
This weekend, we put in the new glass to replace the cracked piece and the afore-mentioned jimmy-rigged sidelights. The new glass is so clear that from inside it looks like there is no glass.
We used silicone caulk to weather-proof each panel.
I also finished painting the interior doors in the vestibule and touched up the outside door for the winter.
Steve had to go up on the roof and finish winterizing. Between that and installing the glass, no trim was installed.
Even though we are still missing alot of trim work, the room is cleaning up well. It's such a small room, it's very hard to get good photos, but here's a shot that shows the now matching doorways.
I can't wait to see it with all the woodwork.
Here's a few before shots to give the full effect:
I'm waiting till the end of the project to clean the floor, but I will post some info on that project since a few people have asked. Not much else to report, just many things on our to do list as usual!